Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Trust You

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. (Psalm 25:1-2)
We live in a world today that is very untrustworthy. We are afraid to trust anyone for fear that they may go back on their word. Which is why when someone expresses trust in me, I am very grateful. I know myself well enough to know there is a great capacity for falling short, but if someone else voices confidence in me, I am greatly encouraged to be and do my best. I know my power to do anything comes from Christ-I'm not trusting in my own abilities How do you think the Lord feels when we say to Him, "I trust You"? Knowing my unworthiness, I am very happy when someone trusts me. But the Lord is totally worthy of all our trust! No wonder Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your path." While others may fail you or disappoint you, God will never break our trust in Him. He is the only one we can fully trust for everything in our lives. I think this must be why He rejoices over us "with shouts of joy" (Zephaniah 3:17). Let's rejoice His heart today.

No comments: