Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Okay to Say Merry Christmas


I have noticed in the past few years that each year at Christmas time, many retail and department stores have changed their greetings from "Merry Christmas" to "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays." I know that corporate department and retail stores have the right to promote Christmas however they wish, but to take away the words "Merry Christmas" from your stores promotion and greeting of the Christmas season is not being respectful of the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus is the reason for the season and we should remember that and I for one will continue to say "Merry Christmas" and if the stores I frequent this Christmas season don't say "Merry Christmas" then I will simply take my retail business elsewhere and I am sure that there will be another store that will be happy to say "Merry Christmas" and accept my money and purchase. Just some food for thought. God bless you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: