Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert Dead at 58

As a big political junkie who loves to follow politics and current events, I was saddened to hear about the tragic and untimely death of Tim Russert, the award-winning NBC political pundit who communicated his love of campaigns and elections to audiences of millions. He died today of a heart attack at 58, after collapsing in the network's Washington bureau. He had been recording voiceovers for Meet the Press. While there are many political pundits and news reporters, there was none bigger or more respected than Tim Russert. He was a native of Buffalo, New York and never forgot his roots or his hometown. He was said to have loved his family, his faith, politics, the Buffalo Bills, the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals. I can definitely relate to Tim Russert's love of faith, family, politics and baseball, as well as loyalty to his hometown, (I still love St. Louis). I always enjoyed watching Meet the Press which re-aired late on Sunday evenings and I felt like I could trust Tim Russert because he was tough but fair to all his political guests that he intereviewed and he always seemed to ask them the questions I wanted to ask. His passing will leave a huge void in the world of politicsa and he will be missed in this 2008 election year.

No comments: