Thursday, April 30, 2009

Speaking the Truth in Love

Ephesians 4:15-"Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. "

When I read this verse I can't help but remember the words my father told me years ago when I first began preaching. He encouraged me to always preach the truth, but speak with love and compassion. His advice to me has been invaluable, because throughout my 15 years in the ministry, I have tried to preach God's word and share the truth of the gospel while continuing to show love. Some people might be thinking, "speaking the truth is hard enough, now you're saying I have to do it in love?" The answer is yes. If we are to be people of God we must speak to others as Jesus did. By speaking in love, we demonstrate the true nature of Christ and show the true meaning of the gospel. God bless.

No comments: