Friday, February 15, 2008

Are You Paying Attention?

My prayer today is that David can be an example for us. Even if others are telling us to give up, we can hang on and give the control back to God, where it rightfully belongs. In a crisis, King David turned to God. People scoffed and believed God couldn't help the situation. David ignored their pessimistic outlook. Instead he continued to put his faith in the Lord. "So many are saying, 'God will never rescue him!' But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high." (Psalm 3:2-3 NLT) God is our supporter. He can be trusted. When David shared his feelings with the Lord, God responded. "I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain." (Psalm 3:4)
Is there anything you've been holding back from God?

No comments: