Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just Some Food for Thought

I know this may not set well with some people, but I saw this online and it made me stop and think. Our national election is over and we have a new president-elect in Barack Obama. However, I am very concerned with the so called "Messianic" aura and mantra that seems to be around Mr. Obama. This past Sunday in churches (mostly African-American) all around the country, many pastors and churches are celebrating his election and it is historic and worthy of attention. Howeveer, I believe the Bible says we go to church to worship God, not praise a man. I think we need to remember this simple fact about Barack Obama. He is just a man, and will make mistakes and will not solve all your problems. Let us be very careful how we look upon our new president-elect. I didn't vote for him but I will pray for him. For those who want to espouse some spiritual diety to Barack Obama, remember what the Word of God says, "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me." Serve God and not man. Just a thought.

No comments: