Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins Historic Election


Well the votes are in and Barack H. Obama has been elected the 44th President of the United States and the country's first black president. He overwhelmingly defeated John McCain and will also have majorities in the House of Represenatives and the Senate. As a McCain supporter, I am obviously disappointed, and I am also somewhat concerned for our country. I hope that Mr. Obama will lead this country by uniting both sides and working with members of the opposition, but I have a feeling he and his fellow Democrats in congress, will overreach and try to enact legistlation that will hurt our country and our economy. That seems to be the historical trend for both parties in Washington. At 37 years of age, I am old enough to remember, quite well, the horrible years of Jimmy Carter and his administration and I am convinced that Mr. Obama is even further to the left than Mr. Carter was when he served as President. I know Mr. Obama has a tough job ahead and he is indeed in my prayers. I just don't have a lot of confindence in his ability or his ideas for the future of our country. As a Pastor and a Christian I feel in my spirit that our country is heading for some difficult times ahead and I seriously doubt Barack Obama can handle the problems our country will face. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

2 comments:

Mebane's Chapel YPHA said...

The present administration cannot handle the problems our country has had for the past eight years so why is that not a problem. You have not even given Obama a chance and he is not officially president yet. That does not make sense to me.

Pastor Matt said...

From what I have seen Veronica Mr. Obama is not capable of handling the current problems our country is facing. You have to have more than a campaign slogan and a few good speeches to be the leader of the free world. I will be praying for him but I am still uncertain that he can lead our country through what is going to be a difficult time ahead. That's "not giving him a chance" that's stating my own opinion. God bless.