Monday, May 4, 2009

Humility


2 Chronicles 7:14-"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

As I look at our current culture I am amazed at how self-absorbed and egocentric our society has become. We are such an arrogant and prideful people that I don't believe we think of anyone but ourselves. It's my own personal observation that humility is not our culture's biggest asset or most desired character quality. But humility is what is demanded -- not so much because it's commanded (thought that would be enough), but because we've earned it. Every year brings another wave of major failures in morality, character, and spirituality. Rather than progressing culturally, we find ourselves slipping. Humility is earned! So let's be humble and call upon the Lord!

No comments: