Thursday, May 7, 2009

National Day of Prayer


Today is the first Thursday in May and it is the 58th annual observance of the National Day of Prayer, where Americans pause to pray for our country and our government leadership. I have to say that this year we need prayer more than ever. I am greatly concerned with our country and the direction that we are heading. I will be praying for our President and congress and national leaders as well as our state and local leaders. Psalm 33:12 says "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." The Bible also tells us in 2 Chronicles 7:14-if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Let us seek God's face today and pray for our country. God bless.

No comments: