Tuesday, January 13, 2009

End of An Era In Indianapolis


Yesterday was the day that many Colts fans hated to see happen. After seven successful years and a Super Bowl Championship, Head Coach Tony Dungy officially retired as Head Coach of the Indianapolis Colts. He leaves behind a tremendous legacy as a head coach with 149 career wins in 13 seasons and six seasons of 12 wins or more along with a Super Bowl Championship. Yet, what's even more impressive than Tony Dungy the coach, is Tony Dungy the man. He is a wonderful head coach and a tremendous man of faith and character, who demonstrates, by his life, what a real man of God should be. When I think of Coach Dungy, I always think of one word: INTEGRITY, and he possesses that in abundance. The scripture says in Psalm 25:21-"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee." And I think that is the heart of Coach Dungy. He is now going to pursue a future life in ministry, and somehow I have the feeling his successes are just beginning. God bless you and thanks coach for the wonderful memories, we'll miss you.

No comments: