Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kurt Warner Leads the Big Red To the Super Bowl


I can't believe I am saying this.....the Arizona Cardinals, long a joke in the NFL are going to the Super Bowl, and the man who led them to the NFC title over the Philadelphia Eagles is my favorite quarterback of all time: Kurt Warner. I was sad to see him leave St. Louis in 2003 because his life and testimony were a tribute to faith in Christ and hard work and just like with the Rams, he has led the Big Red to the Super Bowl. I have to admit that this is bittersweet for me. Like many people from St. Louis, I was devastated when Bill Bidwill decided to move the team and the Cardinals left town in 1988 and to this day, I still cannot bring myself to root for them. Especially when they are playing my beloved Rams. However, with Kurt Warner leading the way, I am so happy to see that they have finally made it to the Super Bowl and #13 has once again shown he is one of the great quarterbacks of all time and I congratulate him on this great achievment. I hope that Kurt Warner and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl in two weeks because it couldn't happen to a better person. GO BIG RED...

No comments: