Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Great Gospel Voice Gone


This past Sunday, the church world and gospel music lost one of the greatest singers and songwriters that ever lived when Dottie Rambo died from injuries sustained in a tour bus accident. She was 74 years old and had a long career in gospel music. As a third generation preacher, I and my family loved Dottie Rambo and her music. Some of her more well known songs were "I Go to the Rock", "He Looked Beyond My Faults and Saw My Need", "I've Never Been this Homesick Before" and many others. Dottie Rambo wrote more than 2,500 songs and they have been recorded by Dolly Parton, Whitney Houston, Vince Gill and many more gospel recording artists. She may have left this world and made heaven her home, but her legacy and music will live on as we continue to sing her songs. We'll miss you Dottie.

No comments: