Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Morning Cup of Joe

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. I hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend and getting the week off to a good start. It was a wonderful day of worship yesterday at The Rock Church and the Holy Spirit was present and we were indeed blessed by the Lord. The day ended on a rather sad note, as I learned that my friend and fellow laborer in ministry, David Disbro, went home to heaven to be with the Lord on Sunday evening. He was a friend, brother in Christ, and faithful servant of the Lord and the Kingdom of Heaven. I will miss him very much, as will the church family of The Rock Church. However, I know that he is with the Lord and has received his eternal reward in glory. I am reminded of the words of Paul in 2 Timothy 4:8 when he wrote, "for I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kep the faith, henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord Jesus, the righteous judge, shall give to me, and not to me only, but unto all those who love His appearing." My friend, David Disbro has kep the faith, run the race and fought the good fight of faith and is now home with Jesus in heaven. We'll miss you David.

No comments: